August 3 Update
LANSW delayed the opening of registration to 15th August for all centres. This was to give centres time to have a COVID plan developed and sent to LANSW for approval. Only then, will they open up registration for our centre.
With the best intentions we are planning to run a competition from 11 September 2020 but we are dealing with a fluid situation of which we have little control if lockdown hits NSW again.
Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.
July 28 Update:
I wanted to give you an update on MWLAC and the 2020/21 Season. I am very pleased to share that YES we will be having a season and hopefully a full season at that.
The Committee has been working very hard over the past month to come up with a season format that is as normal as possible while addressing the myriad of challenges we are all facing this year.
In developing the format for this season, we placed our athletes and parents at the top of our priority list with safety, compassion and “bringing normal back” being our focus. In addition, we are aware that many winter codes are running into the traditional summer season so we have tried to, where possible, accommodate this to minimise impacts to our athletes and their winter teams.
We also felt it was important to collectively try and get both winter and summer seasons back to normal as quickly as possible. To do this we have chosen to “stay within our lane” by completing our season on time and not impact the winter codes in 2021 by running over. Therefore, we have chosen to start our season in line with our normal dates but have changed the format slightly.
Our Key Focus Areas:
- Strictly adhere to all Covid Safe guidelines and restrictions (incl. the 500 max person limit),
- Acknowledge that we use a NSW Government venue and that comes with a heavy responsibility to uphold all rules and restrictions in place,
- Provide a full season and best possible chance for success and progression for our athletes,
- Where possible, minimise impact to athletes with winter sport commitments,
- Build contingency plans for any changes to Covid restrictions.
2020/21 Season Format
Phase 1 – Split Format (5 weeks)
U11 – U17: Friday 11th September @ 5:30pm
U7 – U10: Saturday 12th September @ 10am
- This is a very fluid situation and as such spectators will be limited while we work through the initial weeks.
- We envisage needing more parent helpers than normal due to additional Covid related duties being fulfilled by Committee members, so we ask that any parents/carers who attend make themselves available to help out.
- If possible, arriving early for your session would be appreciated as we will be registering all on arrival.
- All standard social distancing rules apply.
Phase 2 (WIP) – Normal format or staggered Saturday comp
Start Date/Time: Saturday 17th October @ 8am
- At this stage we are hoping to return to normal format for Phase 2.
- This will be dependent on Covid restrictions at the time and following a review of Phase 1.
- If a format of all groups together isn’t feasible, we will look to run 2 groups but both on Saturday.
There is a mountain for work still to do in relation to what we need to do differently this year and your committee is busy working through all the elements so we kick things off with everyone being safe and having fun.
I acknowledge that the format we have put in place will not suit every one of our 500+ wonderful families but feel we have put a format in place that meets the challenges and will help get things back on track (pun intended) ASAP.
Lastly, we envisage that registrations will open as normal on 1st August, but we will notify via email, the website and Facebook once confirmed.
I ask for your patience, understanding and support as we work through this. If you have any questions, please email me directly.
Looking forward to seeing you all at the track soon!