Dear athletes and families,
It doesn’t feel that long ago I sent out a welcome email (well…in some instance, it does feel like a long time!) but now that we’re at the end of the season, it has flown by. It’s been a crazy season and as an entire centre, we rallied together and made the most of this disruptive season. Thank you for everyone’s support, patience and flexibility. The spirit and culture of our centre remains strong and we will continue to build on a state of the art track next season.
MWLAC Presentation and Fun Day – Saturday 17th March 8am onwards | At Narrabeen Academy of Sports The traditional formality to close out our season by holding the centre presentation and fun day on the last day of competition, 17th March is still happening. We were all hoping the track would be finished to hold our last week on the track but it’s not going to be. However, we will still hold our presentation fun day somewhere on site at the Narrabeen Academy of Sports – exact location to be confirmed.
I appreciate some of you have lost the momentum of Little Athletics with the Narrabeen track closure and I am hoping you will all come along to this day to celebrate the season we have had and have a little fun before we all settle into our chosen winter sport/s.
- 8:00 – Arrival and meet up with your age group
- 8:30 – Cromer, Manly and Peninsula Club awards
- 9:30 – Presentation of centre awards
- Junior Athlete of the year U8 – U12 (female and male)
- Senior Athlete of the year U13 – U17 (female and male)
- Terry Arnold Sportsmanship award (one award from the whole centre)
- Best age group dressed acknowledgement
- 10:30 – Each age group to break out separately and present their own awards for;
- Age Managers Award
- Rookie of the year
- Points medals
- Zones and Region Representative trophy’s
- State Representatives
- 11:00 – Free time
- 12:00 – Wrap up
State Championships Good luck to all the athletes they are progressing to State Track and Field Championships at Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre on 23-25 March 2018. I encourage you all to go along and cheer on your Manly Warringah athletic peers. I promise you, it’s an impressive spectacle.
Call for Committee members and Friends of the Committee The below committee roles will/are vacant and we warmly invite anyone that would like to join our crazily fun committee group. The word committee sometimes has a dirty connotation to it that means lots of work. Quite the contrary, when you have more members, the lighter the effort is (divide and conquer!). We welcome anyone that is happy to help but doesn’t want to commit to a committee role – this is fondly referred to as Friends of the Committee. The Committee is there to ensure Manly Warringah Little Athletics runs smoothly for our children, it’s not the responsibility to do everything. We welcome anyone that can’t commit to a committee role but would like to help out when they can with a small role. If you would like to get a better understanding, please reach out to myself or anyone of your current committee members. I have thoroughly enjoyed my first year as President and 3rd year as Age Manager to the U13B. I love being involved and my kids love me being involved.
Thanks for your consideration and I really look forward to welcoming new members to the committee.
- Manager for Uniforms
- Manager for Records
- Registrar Support (Friends of the Committee)
- Parent Duty Coordinator (Friends of the Committee)
- Results HQ system support (Friends of the Committee)
- Website content manager – mainly to help build our new website content (Friends of the Committee)
- Many other small tasks at various times throughout the season – just let us know if you can help from time to time
For those that are interested, please find the Committee Nomination Form on our MWLAC website under Constitution and AGM Forms
AGM Date and location to be confirmed shortly
So in summary, thank you, thank you, thank you for making the best of an unusual season. Hope you all have a great season in your Winter sports and look forward to seeing you all next season competing on a brand new track.
All the best,
MWLAC President & U13B Age Mgr