August 3 Update
LANSW delayed the opening of registration to 15th August for all centres. This was to give centres time to have a COVID plan developed and sent to LANSW for approval. Only then, will they open up registration for our centre.
With the best intentions we are planning to run a competition from 11 September 2020 but we are dealing with a fluid situation of which we have little control if lockdown hits NSW again.
Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.
July 28 Update:
I wanted to give you an update on MWLAC and the 2020/21 Season. I am very pleased to share that YES we will be having a season and hopefully a full season at that.
The Committee has been working very hard over the past month to come up with a season format that is as normal as possible while addressing the myriad of challenges we are all facing this year.
In developing the format for this season, we placed our athletes and parents at the top of our priority list with safety, compassion and “bringing normal back” being our focus. In addition, we are aware that many winter codes are running into the traditional summer season so we have tried to, where possible, accommodate this to minimise impacts to our athletes and their winter teams.
We also felt it was important to collectively try and get both winter and summer seasons back to normal as quickly as possible. To do this we have chosen to “stay within our lane” by completing our season on time and not impact the winter codes in 2021 by running over. Therefore, we have chosen to start our season in line with our normal dates but have changed the format slightly.
Our Key Focus Areas:
- Strictly adhere to all Covid Safe guidelines and restrictions (incl. the 500 max person limit),
- Acknowledge that we use a NSW Government venue and that comes with a heavy responsibility to uphold all rules and restrictions in place,
- Provide a full season and best possible chance for success and progression for our athletes,
- Where possible, minimise impact to athletes with winter sport commitments,
- Build contingency plans for any changes to Covid restrictions.
2020/21 Season Format
Phase 1 – Split Format (5 weeks)
U11 – U17: Friday 11th September @ 5:30pm
U7 – U10: Saturday 12th September @ 10am
- This is a very fluid situation and as such spectators will be limited while we work through the initial weeks.
- We envisage needing more parent helpers than normal due to additional Covid related duties being fulfilled by Committee members, so we ask that any parents/carers who attend make themselves available to help out.
- If possible, arriving early for your session would be appreciated as we will be registering all on arrival.
- All standard social distancing rules apply.
Phase 2 (WIP) – Normal format or staggered Saturday comp
Start Date/Time: Saturday 17th October @ 8am
- At this stage we are hoping to return to normal format for Phase 2.
- This will be dependent on Covid restrictions at the time and following a review of Phase 1.
- If a format of all groups together isn’t feasible, we will look to run 2 groups but both on Saturday.
There is a mountain for work still to do in relation to what we need to do differently this year and your committee is busy working through all the elements so we kick things off with everyone being safe and having fun.
I acknowledge that the format we have put in place will not suit every one of our 500+ wonderful families but feel we have put a format in place that meets the challenges and will help get things back on track (pun intended) ASAP.
Lastly, we envisage that registrations will open as normal on 1st August, but we will notify via email, the website and Facebook once confirmed.
I ask for your patience, understanding and support as we work through this. If you have any questions, please email me directly.
Looking forward to seeing you all at the track soon!
Thank you to all those who fulfilled their parent duty obligations during the 2019/2020 season. Bond refunds have now been issued.
As volunteers keen to concentrate their efforts on making our upcoming 50th Anniversary season a special one for our athletes, the MWLAC committee members will not be responding to enquiries regarding bond refunds during Saturday competition.
Any further enquiries regarding bond refunds for 2019/20 should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2020 and include the name of the person who paid the bond and the dates of duties that were completed.
Thank you for your understanding.
With the possibility that some school carnivals will go ahead as COVID-19 restrictions ease, Manly Warringah Little Athletics would like to remind school administrators and other potential carnival hosts that it offers equipment hire for events held at the Narrabeen Academy of Sport track.
Not only are timing gates available for accurate recording of race results, but equipment such as shot puts, discus and javelins and starting blocks.
For more details on equipment hire please email email@example.com or call Ashleigh on 0430 467 601.
Please see links to this years AGM document set:
Due to the format of this year’s meeting, there will be limited screen sharing of documents, etc. so please take time to pre-read the attached.
The AGM this year will be ZOOM virtual meeting due to Covid-19 restrictions. The meeting will be held at 4pm on Sunday 24 May 2020. To join the meeting please follow the following link on your computer:
- Meeting ID: 843 7779 7447
- Password: 848311
- When you log into the meeting, you will initially be placed in a “waiting room”. Don’t panic and sit tight while we admit each attendee.
- All attendees will be on muted when they enter the meeting. This is intentional so please remain on mute unless instructed otherwise.
- If you experience any problems please text Jeff Wrightson on 0439 195 366
Voting will be managed on your screen during the meeting so that our statutory requirements are met. Please take the time to read through the attached. Questions will be taken throughout the meeting.
We look forward to “seeing” you at our first ever virtual AGM.
Manly Warringah Athletics Club
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions we are not in a position to set a date for our end of season presentation. It’s disappointing that we are unable to showcase our athletes in front of a large crowd of supporters, but rest assured we have all the trophies and medals ready to present as soon as we receive the green light.
In the interim, we congratulate our Perpetual Award winners for 2019/20 and acknowledge them with loud ‘virtual’ applause!
|Junior Athlete of the Year||Octavia Williams|
|Junior Athlete of the Year||Ludvig Persson|
|Senior Athlete of the Year||Lucy Scholtens|
|Senior Athlete of the Year||Zachary Flynn|
|Junior Encouragement Award||Abbie Dunstan|
|Junior Encouragement Award||Leo Robinson|
|Senior Encouragement Award||Alejandra Blanco|
|Senior Encouragement Award||Tom Parkes|
|Terry Arnold Award||Byron Bakker|
Click here to view the 2019/20 award winners for each age group.