The North East Met Zone (NEMZ) Championships will be held at Sydney Academy of Sport, Narrabeen on the weekend of Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th November 2022.
The latest program can be accessed here, when available. In the week prior to competition, please check for any changes to your athlete’s event times:
NEM Zone Track & Field Athlete List per event
Points to note:
- Breaks in track event numbering sequences are not a mistake. The missing numbers are for finals.
- Some events e.g. 80 – 110m Hurdles for the U14 B&Gs to U17 B&Gs – will not run at the heat times and will instead occur during the finals later in the day at events T161 – T166 as per LANSW Rules of Competition.
ZONE EVENT MARSHALLING
For all other field event marshalling competitors must make their way to the designated field marshalling area located behind the 100m starting point on the front track.
Each event will receive two marshalling calls. The first call will be made 20 – 25 minutes before the event start time followed by a second and final call 7 minutes later. For Track events, marshalling will close 3 minutes later, with no athlete entries (with the exception of field event clashes) permitted after that cut off point. This policy will ensure that seeding adjustments can be made in the event of multiple athlete withdrawals to ultimately provide a fairer outcome for all competitors.
PROGRESSION TO REGION AND STATE
- Note: cloth numbers for all competitors (aside from athletes who competed at State Relays) will be handed out at the sign-in desk.
All competitors must wear the correct, approved Centre uniform, which includes:
- The correct individual (with the red border fully visible) cloth registration number firmly attached to the front of their top.
- Correct Age Patch firmly attached to the front left-hand side of the top or shorts.
- The Coles patch, firmly attached to the right-hand chest of the top.
- Pins are acceptable, provided the patches are all secured well and do not ‘flap’ around loosely.
Events will not be held for athletes while they source the correct uniform.
Events will not be held for athletes who have misplaced their cloth number and need to have a new number issued.
- Shoes are compulsory for all competitors in all events. No athlete may compete barefoot in any event.Rules for spikes
SPIKED SHOES MUST BE REMOVED BEFORE LEAVING THE COMPETITION AREA, AND MUST NOT BE WORN TO WALK AROUND THE VENUE.
- U7, U8, U9 & U10: Spikes may not be worn in any event.
- U11 – 12s: Spikes may be worn in all track events run entirely in lanes, all jumps events and javelin.
- U13 to U17: Spikes may be worn in all track events (except Walks), all jumps events, and javelin.
- All competitors: Spikes with the spikes removed or blanks inserted may not be worn in any events.
- Christmas Tree & all brands of pyramid spikes are permitted at Narrabeen. Should you turn up without them Jim from Kings Track & Field will have stock available to purchase.
MASKS for COVID
Masks are not necessary but are recommended for congested areas.
Families will need to do parent duties at the Zone Championships.
It is not uncommon to sight snakes at the venue. Please be alert and aware at all times, and for this reason it is emphasized that parent helpers must be wearing closed shoes, and strongly recommended that all adults and athletes wear closed shoes (not their spikes) when walking around the venue, particularly the upper throws area and long jumps 1 and 2 on the far side of the track away from the grandstand.
Athletes are not permitted to warm up inside the perimeter fence of the track after 8:00am on both days of the carnival.
COACHES AREA - Senior Athletes (U12 - U17)
CLASH OF EVENTS
Athletes U7-U11 will have their events written on their hand each day at the sign-in desk, along with the ‘not before’ time, so that the Event Chief and Clash Manager can more easily assist in identifying any event clashes during the day.
In addition to being posted on a notice board at the ground, all results will be available online as soon as possible after the event.
You can access these results at NEM Zone Results
Any athlete who may qualify to compete at the Regional Championship but who knows they will not be available must advise the Team Manager BEFORE the end of the Zone carnival weekend.
The portaloos are only for athletes and officials and parent helpers (that are currently rostered on). Everyone else must use the main toilets.
Full canteen and BBQ – with EFTPOS facility
First Aid by St John Ambulance Manly Warringah Division
Kings’ Track & Field Supplies
Anthony Khoury will be our photographer this year whilst Instant Photos are on annual leave. Anthony and his team will be at the track all weekend taking action pictures of the athletes. Photos will only be available online at www.akphotos.com.au.
On arrival ALL athletes must register their attendance with the MWLAC Team Manager located in the MWLAC tent. If it is their first day of competition they will pick up their cloth number and Coles patch. This must be done at least one hour before the event time as listed in the final program.
Please arrange for adult supervision of your child if you are unable to attend. It is not the responsibility of the Age Managers & Officials to provide supervision of athletes.